All of our trains and events (except our annual Model Train Show) take place at the Black River & Western Railroad in Flemington and Ringoes, NJ. The railroad has two public train stations: one at Ringoes and one at Flemington. For some trains and events, passengers may begin their trip at the station of their choice. For others, passengers must begin their trip at a particular station. Please carefully read the details on the train or event you plan to attend to determine where you may begin your trip!
Also known as "Flemington Liberty Village" and "Flemington PRR". This is where most of our passengers begin their visit. The station and train loading platform are located immediately behind the Liberty Village Premium Outlets.
- Take Route 202 or Route 31 to the Flemington Circle.
- At the circle take Route 12 West.
- At the next circle stay on Route 12 West.
- Cross the train tracks and quickly make a right turn onto Stangl Road.
- The station and platform are immediately ahead on the right. Parking is in the large lot on your left across the street from the station.
This is our "home base" and the destination for most of our trains. It is located on the north side of Ringoes, just outside of town on Hunterdon County Route 579.
- From the South
- Take Route 202 North to the exit for Route 179. Exit onto 179 North towards Ringoes.
- Follow Route 179 about 1/2 mile into Ringoes to a stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign.
- After about 1/10 mile veer left at the fork in the road onto Hunterdon County Route 579 North.
- Continue about 3/4 mile and you will see the railroad tracks crossing the road. Parking is on your left BEFORE crossing under the tracks.
- From the North
- Take Route 202/31 to the Ringoes exit (Route 179), approximately six miles south of Flemington.
- Turn onto Route 179 South.
- Make a sharp right onto Hunterdon County Route 579 North (John Ringo Road).
- Parking is on your left BEFORE the railroad bridge. Do not park on the opposite side of the tracks.